Business Regulations: Transportation Network Companies: Data Reporting by the City of Seattle regulations specifying the data collection, maintenance, and reporting requirements for taxicab associations, for-hire vehicle companies and transportation network companies (TNCs).
The document 1 lays out the following requirements:
“Taxicab associations, for-hire vehicle companies and transportation network companies must compile accurate and complete operational records and keep these records for two years. The records must include:
- The total number of rides provided by each taxi, for-hire vehicle license holder or transportation network company.
- The type of dispatch for each ride (hail, phone, online app, etc.).
- The percentage or number of rides picked up in each ZIP code.
- The pickup and drop off ZIP codes of each ride.
- The percentage by ZIP code of rides that are requested by telephone or applications but do not happen.
- The number of collisions, including the name and number of the affiliated driver, collision fault, injuries, and estimated damage.
- The number of rides when an accessible vehicle was requested.
- Reports of crimes against drivers.
- Records of passenger complaints.
- Any other data identified by the director of the Department of Finance and Administrative Services to ensure compliance.
Records may be maintained electronically.
Data must be reported quarterly to the director of the Department of Finance and Administrative Services. Reports are to be made electronically on forms provided by the director.”
- 1City of Seattle, Washington. (2021, January 18). Transportation Network Companies. Retrieved from Business Regulations: http://www.seattle.gov/business-regulations/taxis-for-hires-and-tncs/transportation-network-companies/tnc-companies#datareporting