Welcome to the NCHRP 08-119 online resource website. The objective of the on-going NCHRP 08-119 project is to develop tools, methods, and guidance for improving data integration, sharing, and management practices. This will enable transportation agencies, in collaboration with private-sector and public-sector stakeholders, to make better planning and operations decisions.
The purpose of this website is to provide users with easy-to-find resources and materials discovered and created during the NCHRP 08-119 research. The current content reflects research conducted from Phase I of the project (conducted between September 2019 and August 2020) and has been categorized in terms of data “application areas” (e.g., work zone, crowdsourced, planning, shared mobility). Within these application areas, users can find resources to support improved sharing, integration, and management of data for improved decision-making.
This site will be updated as new products and resources are developed and discovered during the remaining phases of the NCHRP 08-119 research. Please subscribe to the RSS feed for updates.
To learn more about the NCHRP 08-119 project, visit TRB’s website at: https://apps.trb.org/cmsfeed/TRBNetProjectDisplay.asp?ProjectID=4543
NCHRP 08-119 Products Under Development
Based on the findings from the Phase I research and the recommendations of the project panel, the research team is in the process of developing the following products:
- Integration of Smart Work Zone Data with the WZDx
- Outputs/Lessons Learned from Developing TIM Big Data Use Cases/Data Pipelines
- Assessment of Real-World Connected Vehicle Datasets
- Demonstrated Use and Value of Crowdsourced Data Integration
- Data Sharing Resources Guide for Shared Mobility Data
- Pilot Integration of Big Data for Freight Transportation Planning and Operations
- Guidance and Demonstration for Improved Conflation and Geodata Reference Process
Each of these products are described in more detail within the respective pages for application areas.